Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Meade 4000 6.3 reducer to DSLR

Rossco72

Hi all,

Another silly question which i'm sure you guys can help with.

I have a Meade 4000 focal reducer for my SCT. It screws directly onto the visual back and leaves an SCT thread for attaching things to. The thing is, how do I attach my DSLR?

I tried using an SCT to 2" tube and then using my 2" T adapter but i couldn't get focus. When i use the T adapter without the reducer i can get focus no problem.

Confused and in need help..

Cheers

I tried using an SCT to 2" tube and then using my 2" T adapter but i couldn't get focus.

That's what you're supposed to do.

Where did you get your focal reducer from? Meade let out some a couple of years back which have the wrong focal length (too short), this would make it impossible to get to focus given the extra extension (~40mm) given by the length of the mirror box in a SLR.

If you have one of these then you either need to change it or get a low profile adapter so that the T adapter is immediately behind the reducer.

Archived