NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

canon 1000d

The 1000D is already more sensitive to the Ha light than the earlier Canon DSLR's so you might be pleasantly suprised on what you can capture with it...

Been pulling my hair out with my 1000D today As I have mislaid the software disk for it and you can only download updates not the original software :)

Peter...

Easiest would be with remote shutter I guess.

I have only ever used a laptop though.

It was a hassle setting up my 400D with the laptop, but I think the 1000D can do long exposures with the USB lead and the supplied software, making things a lot easier.

If you can use it with a laptop then thats your best bet ... Liveview on the lappy screen makes focusing much easier and use the Eos Utils to remotely control the camera "bulb over USB with the 1000D :) you can also capture images direct to the lappy or to the lappy and the card at the same tiem and review them on Screen...

This is all fien unless you have lost your CD or are running media center edition... Had one of those afternoons where taking a disc cutter to the PC feels like the best thing to do...

Archived