NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ISS Closeup

Now I know, not the highest resolution images of this ever!! But still, I managed to capture the general shape, you can clearly see the solar panels on both shots I think.

This was my first time out on the ISS, the first on Friday night, the second on Saturday (glad i caught the first pass - the second was rubbish!)

I used a 10" revelation Dob with SPC900 webcam if curious.

Getting exposure right is an absolute PIG!!!!

Anyway, hope you like, this was probably the hardest astrop target I have ever attempted. A bit more practice and I hope to get a bit more detail.

ISS 11-9-2009 21-47.bmp

station1.tif

I think I will Thermos, No previous experience on this one i'm afraid (and very little time to get any!!). I think the focus is ok, I preset on Jupiter (and probably mistakenly used it to set exposure too...) I think I might also increase the frame rate from 30 to 60 - It moves so damn fast, even across the webcam fov.

Still, not kidding myself am I? Definite shape of modules and a couple of solar panels visible on both.

I almost with it were geosync! But then we'd probably have a hel of a job with it at all.

Still, first time out on this one and feel rather pleased with myself- Been glowing all weekend!

Archived