NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Why isn't my scope on Sky Watcher's site?

I bought an Explorer 150PL about a month ago. Very happy with it.

However, there's no info about it on Skywatcher's web site, nothing about the Explorer series at all, heck, if you search for explorer, you'll get zero hits. Nor on skywatchertelescope.net or skywatcherusa.com.

I also noticed when googling, there seems to be no US stores carrying the Explorer brand, so does this mean the Explorer series are sold in Europe only, or has it a different name in the US or are the series discontinued?

No big deal, I'm just curious. :)

Most of them are sold in the US under the Orion Brand. There are some differences and Sky-Watcher US dont necessarily have all the bits on their site BUT the last copy of Sky&Telescope does have a Sky-Watcher ad with the 150PL on it.

Oh I see so Synta own both Orion and Sky Watcher? I found an article from 2005 saying they bought Celestron too...

MikeP: Yes, one can find tons of info on web sites such as the one you mentioned, I'm just surprised that the Explorer series isn't even mentioned in some archived news/articles/support documents on Sky Watcher's own web site.

Archived