Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ccd/auto finder??

Sorry...AutoGider....I have a Celestron 130slt...and I would really like some long deep exposures without the star trails....I am told to purchase a Germal Equatorial Mount but I have seen some CCD Auotgiders that claim they do the trick. Do they...Thanks!

The 130slt is an AltAz mount, so an autoguider wont help the fact that you will not really be able to take images longer than 30-90 seconds before field rotation starts to show. This is the reason why a GEM has been suggested (several times), to remove the limitations of your current mount.

you will also either need to piggyback a seperate scope on the back for the autofinder, or use an Off Axis Guider to allow you to use the autoguider and the imaging camera on the same scope. Neither option will help with the AltAz limitations you currently have.

Archived