Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Energizer 7 LED Headlight

stev74

Hi all,

I'd posted a couple of replies on a 'heads up' thread but thought it may be worth editing them and sticking them on here as a review. Not a major peice of equipment but hopefully someone may find it useful so here you go :grin: :

Argos have a good range of headlights. They do have cheap headlights but they come with only a flashing red LED. The Energizer range looks good though they have:

1. 4 LED Headlight 3 white 1 red LED with 30hr runtime £9.99

Buy Energizer 4 LED Headlight. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .

2. 7 LED Headlight 5 white 2 red with 20hr runtime £11.75

Buy Energizer Advanced 7 LED Headlight. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .

I picked up the 7 LED Energizer Headlight and got a chance to use it earlier this week. It basically has 4 settings which are:

1. Night vision 2 LED red 30hrs runtime.

2. Spot 3 LED white 21hrs runtime.

3. Flood 2 LED white 30hrs runtime.

4. Spot & Flood 5 LED white 16hrs runtime.

It also tilts to different angles so you can see the ground directly below you or further out. So with the red light on I found it great when setting up and taking down the scope I was able to do this quicker with both hands free. I'm still quite new to all this and only recently got my scope with an EQ-5 mount. So after I set up I just hung the light from the counter wieghts and was able to see all the bits on the mount that I was needing to use. Instead of fumbling around in the dark which was getting a bit frustrating.

There is a couple of drawbacks though, looking directly at the red LED's it did seem really bright and left a very slight after-image. Not sure how people would react at a star party maybe the cheaper Energizer headlight with the 1 red LED would be better. Or you could use red nail polish to dim it down a bit. Also there is only 1 button so you press it once and the red LED's come on first eveytime which is good. To switch it off though you have to go through the other 3 white light modes which at a star party would be putting your life in danger I'd think!! :)

So over all it's great for back garden observing although the neighbours may look at you a bit funny. At a star party you'd need to be careful and definitely switch it off under maybe a thick jacket or something so no white light escapes.

Cheers

Archived