NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My first observatory experience!!!

SGT_Ranger_1/75

Tonight was on of the coolest nights I have had in my life. I found out about a guy who lives locally to me (literally about 8 blocks or so) down the road.

He built and observatory in his backyard, he has some of the sweetest gear I have ever seen. His telescope looks like the MEADE LX200 . He also had a few other scopes mounted to it, spotter and another for tracking/guidance. I'll have some pictures up in a bit that I took with my Palm.

We checkout the Andromeda Galaxy, Ring Nebula and few other galaxies and nebulas to name a few. Even let me take hold of the raines and surf the vast beyond.

We also came up with a sweet deal, since he isnt exactly up to date on computers and the fact that I got his software running with the scope again he asked me to run the computer side of the operation. To top it off he game me a USB 1 1/4 camera that I can use with my new MEADE scope which also uses the same MEADE software.

All in all this night was :) , that is all :)

EDIT:

Yes its a MEADE LX200

Outside of this forum, the number of astronomers in our own locality is very low, so it is incredibly exciting when we discover that a neighbour has the same interests. It's great to read he is happy for you to be involved with this observatory, great news!! :)

Archived