Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

moving object last night 23rd aug

Hi im new to stargazing and saw a weird thing last night. I sort of know what a plane in the sky looks like but this object looked like a star but was moving like a plane if that makes sense. I was looking at it with a naked eye then looked through 10x50 binos and it looked the same as seeing through my eye.

If this was a plane then it must have just been very high , im not in to ufo's etc but just wondered if it was a satelite or something else ?

Regards

We often see artificial satellites (like the ones mobile phone companies, Sky TV, and sat nav etc use) criss-crossing the sky. They do look like moving stars. There are about 6000 of these so they are hard to miss. Does one of these sound about right?

We often see artificial satellites (like the ones mobile phone companies, Sky TV, and sat nav etc use) criss-crossing the sky. They do look like moving stars. There are about 6000 of these so they are hard to miss. Does one of these sound about right?

Yep that sounds about right many thanks :)

Yep that sounds about right many thanks :)

try here for info on whats going over

Heavens-Above Home Page

register a user id and set you location and it'll tell you what satellites you can expect to see, they may be space vermin to a lot of people but everyone i've ever met gets a kick out of seeing the ISS going over

Archived