M33-last years model!

RobH

Hello all.

I, like many of us no doubt, had image starvation sickness recently due to work and the weather, and decided to finish a couple of projects that have been languishing for a while.

This is two sets of data, one from September 2008, which I posted at the time, using the William Optics ZS80FD and Atik 16HR, and another batch imaged in December, using the same gear but with a Celestron 0.63x focal reducer in the train.

When originally posted, in the September image I used a lot of Ha data. I decided not to include that here so this is simple LRGB.

I rescaled the earlier data to fit in with the wider FOV of the December data to try to make the galaxy itself as crisp as possible.

Cheers

Rob

post-14403-133877392589_thumb.jpg

i must say rob this is the 1st proper image i have seen off m33 without all the red jewelery and i have to say i prefer this without all the puff daddy bright red bling :)

this is a personal taste thing though! so no offense meant to Mr Gendler etc :rolleyes:

nice image and natural processing :)

Thanks Steve :)

The red that is often seen is added Ha data, which M33 is rich in. I decided to go for a more natural look with this one as I've gone off the 'bling :D' a little recently.

Cheers

Rob

Whats the exposure length on this one?

Thanks guys :)

Without trawling through a lot of files, I'm not quite sure of the total number of subs, but it's lots and lots!

There are 50 x 8 minutes luminance from the December run alone.

Cheers

Rob

It comes to something when you have to go back to "old" data, i bet Olly doesn`t have this problem. Nice "blingless" M33 mate, a cracking image!!!! I`ve had "some" clear nights but i`ve had a nightmare with my kit so its been Joop for me recently....

Alan:)

Archived