M57?

DaveS

Well the question is, have I got it?

24 10 sec subs of which the best 16 were stacked in DSS, then cropped down without resizing.

180mm Apo-Telyte-R at f/4, iso 1600, EOS 5D. My home-made tracker was playing silly whatevers with me hence the odd star images, but I think I can just make out the vestiges of a ring, esp when pixel peeping the DSS im[ATTACH]25988[/ATTACH]age.

Dave

post-15711-133877392376_thumb.jpg

Ok, I'll try again tonight w/o tracking, see what happens. Remember this is a very small crop from the 12MP image.

Dave

Edit, Neil, that thing is what I'm talking about. Looking at the original DSS image shows it to have a totally different structure to the stars around it, basically 4-5 "blobs" in a ring.

Whats confusing me is the bright star on the upper left and the stars around it match, the M57 position matches and the bottom bright star matches but I can´t

seem to match up the third bright star in the triangle in the pic.

Still, my vote is for yes because it is a slightly different colour and shape to the stars in the image.

NC

Archived