NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Problem with Sky6, bit of an oddball really

Hi Everyone,

Anyone using Sky6?

The other night I inadvertantly pressed some key combination and instead of the normal dark sky you get on the programme I have two blue circular areas across the night sky. They appear to be possibly related to light polution from the moon and maybe the Sun. But for the life of me I can't find out what it was I pressed and reverse it back to normal black sky.

As you can imagine, even with the screen turned down it makes using the programme detrimental to night vision from the glare.

Looked on the internet and can't find anything.

Regards

Keithp

Oh well looks like I'm the only one using Sky6, or maybe the only one using Sky6 that's had this problem... frustration rules as we have clear skies and I'm all set to go.

It's been ripped out and re-installed..

Let's hope I don't hit that combination of keys again, or at least if I do it's in daylight and I can see what I hit;)

Regards

All

Keithp

Keith

I've not seen this problem before. But if the blue circular areas are the moon's and sun's halos (but what's the sun doing there at night!) the halo can be turned off. Look at View, Real Mode Options and uncheck the appropriate boxes to see if this improves matters

Steve

Weh heh, problem sorted, thanks indirectly to Steve. You got me thinking so I went and compared all the settings on my 'power machine' with the lappy, everything checked out the same. Then I realised (because I'd already un-installed and re-installed) some settings were being retained between installations. Soo... I copied all the data held in the 'Software Bisque' directory under 'My Documents' from the power machine, deleted the directory from the lappy and copied the data across. Propper job!:)

I reckon, somehow I must have managed to corrupt a file or two on the lappy.

All sorted now so no more blinding light at 2 in the morning..

Regards

Keithp

Archived