NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

canon 1000d

hello everyone, i have a 1000d ive used it a fue times for taking picture or the moon im interested in taking some of ngc7000 could some one please give me some tips on imaging this. i have a zenithstar 70 using a mount from a celestron se thanks toby

Hi AstroKat...

The biggest problem is going to be that with the SE mount your going to be in Alt/Az and with the focal length of the zenithstar 70 being 430mm this is going to need quite short exposures before field rotation become clearly visible.

Ideally you want to be EQ mounted to be able to take the longer exposures needed for DSO imaging.

It wont be impossible but you will need a lot of short exposures probably at ISO 1600 to be able to produce an image...

Peter....

For the North America nebula you really want as much FOV as you can the 6" SCT will have a longer FL than the 70... its also a slower scope meaning even longer exposures would be needed...

What i would do is set up the scope and take images of sadr varying the exposure time and see what works.. there is some nice nebulosity around Sadr and any trailing will be obviously shown up by the image of Sadr...

Peter...

Have you got the filters to go with it... ? being "mono" you will need to think about LRGB imaging if you want to produce a color image...

Lot smaller sensor than the DSLR as well which will give a smaller FOV.

On the plus side it is a lot more sensitive so you get a lot more info recorded in a shorter exposure.. they can be used quite effectively on Alt/Az mounts by stacking tens or even hundreds of shorter exposures ... targets like M57 and M27 with the SCT would definitely be worth a go...

Get yourself a copy of the latest Envisage software from Meade... its a lot more user friendly than the earlier versions...

Peter...

[ATTACH]25643[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]25644[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]25645[/ATTACH]i got the filters though not sure im ready for using ahe rgb filters just yet hears what i got so far. what you think thanks again for you help

Archived