Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher Merlin/Supatrack Power Supply

Dear All,

Does anyone know what power supply will work with my Acuter/ Merlin multi function mount? I believe it has virtually the same components of the Skywatcher Supatrack mount that comes with the SkyMax 127.

In the manual it just says "12V DC Nominal". I believe for the Supatrack mount it also advise 'tip positive'. However, when I visited Maplins today there were a number of mains power converters at 12V but rated at differnt amps (i.e. 500mA, 1000mA). Does anyone know which would work?

There is one post already on forum, which mentions a Nikkai emergency car jump starter as a portable supply, however, I can't find out what amps this works at. If I were to buy a portable power supply (such as the Skywatcher one) do they have variable amps or just one correct amperage? Does anyone know what it is?

http://stargazerslounge.com/equipment-reviews/56512-first-light-skywatcher-skymax-127-mak-supatrack.html

Thanks very much for any help,

Nick

Archived