NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Which Binos ?

vlebo

Hi everyone , I need some help to make my mind up.

I want to take a pair of binoculars on holiday with me and have narrowed it down to a couple of 20x80 bins but keep coming across 30x80 ones quite often. Which ones are more suitable for astronomy viewing as there is little price or weight difference between the two and also any feedback on these two would be appreciated

1 http://www.binocs.co.uk/catalog/visionary-observation-binocular-p-166.html?osCsid=b7da9364b8ed0988a510e37ad4df38dd

2 Vixen Giant 30x80 Binoculars Scope RRP £793 Half Price on eBay (end time 21-Aug-09 18:29:08 BST)

Thanks

Vlebo

Hi Vlebo, at 30x magnification, you will really need at least a tripod wiyth these, the field of view will be very small even compared with th 20x80's, even at x20 you could not hold these comfortably alone by hand. Tripod all the way I think....if eiether of these won't suit, you will have great pleaseure with a simple good pair of 10x50's !

Keith..

20x80's are fine if you have a sunlounger and kind of balance them on your cheeks. Sounds awful but it works great for me.

Andy.

ps: I have these ones and absolutely love them. Huge eyelenses and they give surprisingly good views(sharp, with surprising little CA) considering they cost under £90 new including postage from the states.

I've bought loads of stuff from Bill at Telescope Warehouse across the pond, over the years. Down to earth shipping quotes, delivered in good time. More 3/4 of the stuff seems to get through customs too, which is an added bonus.

Flickr: bogershowie's Photostream

Telescope Warehouse : AV 20X80 Wide Angle Giant DELUXE Astronomy Binoculars

I guess I should do a mini review of them.

Archived