NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Meade ds 70ec

Hi all,

I have brought a Meade DS 70 EC from the car boot with all the box and accessories for £20. Im looking to use it this summer and then sell it just before the summer is over. Could you advise me of how much I could sell it for so I know I will get the right price?

Thanks

Russell

Welcome to SGL.

Does it really matter how much you re-sell it for. You bought it pretty cheap so enjoy it and get the most you can from it.

If you make a profit when you sell great, but to be honest they are not worth that much.

Ok, if I was to sell it later on what do you think I would get for it? Thanks for the info, I am looking to get the most out of it just am curios and dont know much about these things.

Thanks

I have one. To play with. It is not worth £50. Or even £30. The handset (Autostar 494) is likely worth about £10 - £15 if you can find someone that wants one but other than that I would suggest you just use the scope as a learning tool to allow you to get to know the way these scope control systems work. If it teaches you that much than it was worth the spend - don't expect to make a killing though. I daresay the person that sold knew exactly what it was worth and priced it accordingly.

Arthur

Hi and welcome, You picked it up for £20 which is a good price to get into Astronomy and see how u get on. It got a motor drive, which will allow u to track an object. I would be tempted to either keep it as a "portable scope" to setup quickly or use it for viewing the sun with the proper filters of course, like the Baader Solar film that is sold.

£20 is not a lot if you get use and learn about the sky and I would not worry about re-sale value.

Archived