Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC5146 in Ha

GordonH

Hi All

Last night was one of those nights when you want to tear your hair out, all the equipment is running smoothly, skies are clear (average seeing though) and the first subframes are downloading nicely and then after 2 subframes at 12.30am clouds blow in from the middle of nowhere and although they are moving fast there doesn't appear to be any break. Anyway I decided to stay out in the hope that it would clear, eventually it did at 2am so I recalibrated the autoguider and restarted and managed to get another 4 subframes in before more clouds and approaching daylight put a final stop on proceedings. Hopefully I will get the chance to add some more Ha data and colour to this a bit later. For comparison there are two previous attempts at this subject that I took last year, one in Ha and one in colour with different scope/camera combinations on the Nebulae page of the image gallery on my website http://www.imagingtheheavens.co.uk

Takahashi BRC-250

Starlight Xpress H9

Astronomik 12nm Ha filter

Paramount ME autoguided with Starlight Xpress M8C

No calibration was done on the image ie no darks or flats

Thanks for looking

Best wishes

Gordon

PS By the way does anybody actually know where the middle of nowhere is?

post-13589-133877380878_thumb.jpg

ooohh you just wouldn´t let it lie....

I like the wide field of this on your website. I think if you get a few more subs for this it would be nice to look at this one next to the wide field. How many seconds per sub on this?

Neil C

Hi Neil

These are 10 minute subs which is what I tend to use for most narrowband filters, the same as with the widefield one

Best wishes

Gordon

PS Have you got a post code for "the middle of nowhere"? If you have I will see if I can find it on my satnav:)

Archived