NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

An Amazing Night

Well tonight i got all prepared for a nights viewing, but once again ive prooven to myself that witha little persistance i can see things, also i took my telescopes to a very dark field which made the seeing much better. i saw the milkey way slightly stretch across the sky, also checked out that hercules cluster again but this time with my 8" dobsonian which it was amazing better then the last time, also the check out the nebula (ring) in lyra which again with the dob prooved to be awesome then i layed a little on the floor watched a through shooting stars then went for saturn i know but this time saw 3 moons and i saw much more detail AMAZING. also tried the cluster in cassi i saw it but it wasnt that clear (light pollution)

so im off the bed on a high note

Sleep well everyone

byexx

Nice report. Certainly a nice dark site can make all of the difference!

Milky Way was prominent here as well. Spent a fair amount of time just sweeping the skies with my 10X50 bins while my remote timer took the exposures. Spent a fair amount of time looking at the Wild Duck cluster which was one of my targets tonight.

Archived