NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

need tips regarding making a time lapse video of stars

hi.guys need some help.i made the following time lapse video today .they are around 50 shots taken during one hour at ISO800 and shutter speed of 20 seconds.each image was very detailed and with many stars but when i put all the pics together it made a video of around 1mb in size and is not detailed at all. only 20 3o stars are visible whereas in induvidual shot there are 100 plus stars.do u guys know any freeware software other than window movie maker which can join shots as they are and dont reduce their quality or sizeth_starry.jpg

"it made"? what made?

You can try VirtualDub. It's free (as in free beer) and I use it all the time for stop motion animations. You control the compression, frame rate and size of the output. If you want full-size video, it's going to be a huge file and might not play smoothly at a high frame rate.

Best thing is for you to reduce the image size *before* putting them into Moviemaker, otherwise it will just merrily apply it's algorithms and your stars will get lost in the process as just noise.

Arthur

PS - they trying to keep you in or out with that fence?

Archived