NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WO binoviewer in focus probem plus eyepice focus prob.

I just bought a new WO BinoViewer which includes two 20mm eyepieces and a 1.6 mini barlow.

However, I dont have enough in focus to acheive focus when using my diagonal. O/K without tho`(bend zee knees!!)

The other problem I found was that the eyepiece focuser on the left eyepiece comes to focus at a different position than that of the right eyepiece.The left eyepiece has to be turned down to the very bottom of its travel.

Do you think that there is a collimation problem?

I know that my eyes are pretty close to one another prescription wise and I have no problem when using ordinary binoculars.

The view that I got through the binoviewer last night on the moon and Jupiter was very rewarding but I can`t help wondering if the collimation may be slightly out because of the individual focusing difference.

Bob

Thanks Arthur, I did think about trying that. But last night I was so busy staring at Jupiter that 3AM came around before I could try it. Maybe tonight tho`.weather permitting. yes it is 1 1/4"

That is, on my knees `cos the damn diagonal won`t work!!

Hi Bob,

I bought a WO binoviewer recently too and found the same issue as you with my new Megrez 72FD. In my case the issue is the result of the 2" WO diagonal. I can get it to focus if I use a 2x barlow (not including the 1.6 that comes with it) but the best way to resolve the issue is to use a 1.25 diagonal.

I hope this helps.

I think Bob is using a 1 1/4 diagonal.

I have to use the 1.6 OCA with a 1 1/4 diagonal to reach focus with the WO binoviewers in my 90mm Megrez.

If you try this, make sure the 1.6 OCA does not hit the diagonal mirror.

Yes

You will need more infocus travel with a 1 1/4" diagonal and even more with a 2" diagonal.

I can only acheive focus with WO binoviewers with no diagonal or a 1 1/4" in my 90mm Megrez.

If you have to use a 2 x barlow, I believe that you will have more than 2 x magnification due to the long light path through the Binviewers to the eyepieces. If the balow is placed before the diagonal the increase in magnification will be even greater.

Archived