NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

some advice needed with Exp 130P Synscan Az GOTO

Hi all, I have the Exp 130P Synscan Az GOTO and being new I have set it up and seen saturn and the moon through, though I have only had 2 nights in the last week due to the clouds and weather. Anyway, I was thinking if it has a short dove tail bar, how do u balance the scope????

I slide it in the mount, but have to hold it and then tighten the OTA to the mount, but notice that the scope slides a little when I tighten. Some advice would be appreciated as at the moment, we seem to be having luck of the draw with the clouds and the light skies being a pain to see the DSO.

Also, if you change the foucuser, do you have to collimate a scope??, as my scope came with a bent focuser bar, but thanks to steve at FLO, he arranged for a replacement focuser on monday and I recieved it Tues, just not got around to fitting it yet. Thanks again.

Archived