Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Advanced Image processing with HA and the like : How

Guys,

I have the kit in my signature, ED80 guided and ED120 for main scope with a DSLR Sony A700 attached (Decent camera).

I have seen pictures with HA OIII etc etc and red / green / blue channels pictured.

Now I have only used my camera in RAW mode and messed with in DeepStacker.

How do you take separate channel pictures to later merge them ?

I think I know that HA requires a modded camera. Is that Correct ?

Are the Red and Blue channels done with filters ???

Can someone please give me in laymans terms how with a DSLR on a scope to take separate channel pictures please and then roughly he processing needed to be done, ie what programs ?

Many thanks

Cat

Hi Cat

I think you are referring to images taken with MONO cameras. To get the colour they use red, blue and green filters, and then merge them together.

Your camera is already colour so this is unessesary.

However you can go for Ha images with a filter.

This would involve you taking the image, then only using the red channel, and discarding the blue and green channels.

But you are correct in saying yuor camera needs to be modded first. Otherwise it will not be sensitive enough.

Hi Cat

I think you are referring to images taken with MONO cameras. To get the colour they use red, blue and green filters, and then merge them together.

Your camera is already colour so this is unessesary.

However you can go for Ha images with a filter.

This would involve you taking the image, then only using the red channel, and discarding the blue and green channels.

But you are correct in saying yuor camera needs to be modded first. Otherwise it will not be sensitive enough.

Many thanks mate, that explains alot to me :icon_salut:

Archived