NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

How much cooling down time ?

Hi

Hopefully, Thursday night should be a clear night in the south, a chance to get my WO 66SD out. Usually with my SW 200P I leave it out for 1hr or so before I start using it, how much time would I have to give for my WO 66SD for optimum usage ?

Thanks.

I would say by the time you have set it up it would be cooled down.

And probably dewed over too.

Seriously - the best reason for using one of these mini refractors is for low power wide field work, except possibly at high power cooling will not be an issue. Don't worry, just enjoy using it.

With all my scopes (80mm to 300mm) I start observing as soon as I'm set up.

To be honest I'm always a little puzzled by all the talk of cool-down times. Yes I see a difference, but it's small, and not as significant, to my eye, as the difference that half an hour of dark adaptation makes (or five minutes of accurate collimation). If the scope isn't kept inside a warm house, and if the day/night temperature difference is not huge, then I don't see cool-down as a big issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived