NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Advice on connecting skywatcher az syncscan to power tank

Hi all, I am looking to buy a 12v power tank to power my Skywatcher explorer 130P AZ goto Syncscan scope insteade of using batteries. I have look and I was thinking where would I get a lead, as the power connector is a screw in type to the mount.

I know the skywatcher tanks are around £50, but Maplins or Aldi's will be cheaper, but I have will need to have a cable to connect.

Help would be appreciated, as I am learning with the scope and only had an 25 min session last night due to clouds and objects positions being low and obstructions around me.

Thanks again.

Anthony

Hi Anthony

I have the very same mount as you and I use a 12v powertank from Maplins. Portable Jump Starter and Air Compressor > Maplin . With regards to the lead you dont need the screw in type thats supplied with the mount a normal adapter will do, this is also available at maplins but included with most powerpacks.

Hope this helps

Brett

Archived