NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Another collimation question help !

Hi,

From a previous thread it definately looks like I need to collimate the 12" Flextube following the 3 collimation screws un-screwing when travelling down the motorway.

I'm looking to purchase a collimation eyepiece from FLO but will have to wait a week or 2 until they have moved.

I tried to collimate it myself but to no avail. Is there a way in which this can be done without a tool such as the collimation eyepiece as I really want to use the scope this weekend, the skies are mean't to be really good.

Cheers

Neil

Hi Neil - yes, there is indeed an "Emergency" suggestion to collimate a fast Dob like yours but it will require a "mop and bucket" approach - i.e. you looking square into the eyepiece to see that all is aligned.

The further you stand back from the EP / focuser, the better your collimation would be as it forces you to align to tighter and tighter tolerances.

You might like to try this.

Good luck !

Archived