Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

astrophotography with Skywatcher 130 - problem

Hi,

I am trying to use a digital SLR with my Skywatcher 130. I bought a t-ring and Celestron T-adaptor. Now, the problem is that with the camera attached, and the "eye-piece" focus at minimum travel the camera/sensor does not appear to be at the focal plane, i.e., I cannot focus down any further. A couple more milimetres "further in" would probably be enough! Has anyone had any similar problems and what is the solution? Do I need to find an alternative T-adaptor? ...or modify the Celestron one that I have??

Thanks in advance,

Craig.

Hi Craig,

Got exactly the same profile as my Celestron 130!

See this http://stargazerslounge.com/beginners-help-advice/80110-cant-image-astromaster-130-a.html

I havent seen your t adapter, if it's not low profile one then you may want to try 'shorter' one.

The easiest thing is to try it with a barlow rather than mess up colimation my moving the mirror forward.

John

Update: I mentioned using a cheap barlow as a workaround for the primefocus astrophotography problem (on Celestron and Sykwatcher 130 scopes). I was disappointed to find myself unable to focus my camera using my new Meade #126. I guess it depends on each barlow design.

My advice is therefore to get specific advice regarding which barlows will work with your scope for primefocus astrophotography.

John

Archived