Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

BOSMA scopes

Just bought June's S&N magazine. On page 64 there's an ad for Bosma scopes from China.

Quite tasty looking 4ins triplet APO with FPL53 object lens. Looks to have dual speed Crayford (2ins?). Comes with case, tube rings, dovetail and 7x50 finder. At £999 seems good value. Anyone heard of them?

Here's a link to their website showing the scope.

Bosma

The ad. in S&N gives links to various dealers around the world incl. in the UK.

MD

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I'd like to bump this thread to know if anyone had a chance to test this scope! It sure looks interesting! But it still is a lot of money so it would be nice to have to feedback rather than taking a blind plunge!

I heard their 150 mak is real good value for money with great optics and mechanical elements, well finished. I haven't tried it myself, but that's what my research has shown. Now is that standard bosma quality? I sure hope so...but would like any info you might have!

Cheers from downunder :)

Hi all,

I've just found out that it is exactly the same as the "Altair Astro 102mm F6.5 ED Triplet APO" as seen here: Altair 102mm F6.5 ED Triplet APO v2.0 :: Refractor telescopes :: Telescopes :: Altair Astro

They seem to be out of stock...which I guess means someone bought 'em!

If anyone has used the Altair astro, i'd appreciate your feedback :)

Cheers

Archived