Targets to image after a very long break

I have been away from this beautiful hobby for too long and want to get back into it. I have had a long period of depression that did not give me the enthusiasm to do the things I love.

I have a StarLight Express 694 CCD with a ED80 and GC8. I cannot decide what target to image tonight and what scope to use at this time of year. Also with a nearly full moon may not be worth it, but I do have narrowband filters. 

Could someone recommend a good target for this this time of year.

Ian

• Like 1

If you're thinking narrowband then what about the Eastern or Western Veil? Nice and bright, plus you can get away with Ha & Oiii to process a good HOO image. They're both high in the sky and you could do the Oiii first, before the Moon get fully up, and then swap over to the Ha filter.

Failing that, what about NGC7000? In a similar part of the sky, still quite a bright object and plenty of Ha signal.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bignerdguy said:

Also if you want something simple yet complex at the same time try the old standby of the Orion Nebula as it usually turns out pretty well even in bright moonlight.

Doesn't rise until about 130am though :(

Any of the images I've put in my gallery here should be suitable "easy" targets, even if my images of them aren't great.

Veil nebula or Cygnus wall are probably brightest my images were taken by a svbony220 filter, somewhat similar to optolong l extreme. 

My Cygnus wall was taken in full moon over 3 days. It's not great but it's ok considering.