Crescent and soap bubble nebulae

Managed to get one clear-ish night last week. Managed to capture 4 hours of decent dual band subs (Ha & OIII). No RGB.

I used my trusty (and rusty) old SW200p.  I don’t use it much for imaging now, preferring to use my refractors. Anyway, for these targets I needed a decent amount of magnification.  So the 200p got pressed into service.  Meant dismantling  the imaging train and transferring my  ASIair to my reflector, all of which turned out to be quite a palaver. Fortunately I had a couple of afternoons to do that and semi clear nights for some test runs. This was also first light for a new SW dual-speed focuser I bought and fitted last week. That works a dream compared to the crummy old one.

The star shapes were horrible, despite my using a coma corrector. I suspect pinched optics. But anyway, BlurXterminator sorted much of that out. Here’s the full pic and a couple of enlarged images of the Crescent Nebula and Soap Bubble Nebula near by.  The Bubble was quite tricky to bring out in the processing of the whole image. I kept blowing out the Crescent Nebula. So the close up is stretched a little more in curves. I suppose it’s a kinda HOO palette.  Comments/suggestions on processing very welcome. :) 

NGC6888duo3_dc_A4png.thumb.png.4e625a3ea6390a218fdadd5971496fb7.png

NGC6888duo3_only_dc.thumb.png.113433d7c6f22f8f646fbd4db3009ee7.png

Soap Bubble Nebula:

NGC6888duo3_dc_bubble.thumb.png.4f64e1670cb2eb0f7ba72576b8e172f8.png 

• Like 16