Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Baader LRGB filters, first impressions.

My only experience of colour filtres till last night was of the earlier basic 'stained glass' Baader filters which need an IR blocker as well.

Last night I ran the new interferometric Baaders for the first time and was mighty impressed. They really do seem to be parfocal, though I made a few small tweaks to focus during the evening. The colour balance done in AstroArt 'auto' came out pretty well with nearly equal weightings and I have the feeling that stars, particularly in blue, are tighter and also halo-free. I also have a feeling that the sky background looks better.

So - I like them enough to be thinking straight away about a second set for the other camera. I wish I knew more about colour, TBH, but these filtres seem to make life easier. Sorry these jottings are so anecdotal but my initial reaction is very positive.

Olly

Archived