Iris Nebula SW200P

Gerr

This is the second of deep sky objects I was able to capture beginning of September and one I always found difficult to do nicely!

I utilised my 8" SW200P reflector on a HEQ5 mount coupled with a Zwo 294MC pro astro cooled camera at -10deg.

There was some high haze in the sky and the odd strong breeze which were enough to ruin half of my 4 minute subs!

But I still managed 2.3hrs of good data which I put into Siril with calibration frames.

The resultant stacked image I then processed in Photoshop CS with some tweaks done by Graxpert and StarnetGUI.

This is my best attempt so far and one I intend to keep!! Really pleased with it.

I hope you can agree? CC's welcome as usual.

The Iris Nebula (NGC 7023):

IrisNebulaSW200PWeb.thumb.jpg.0db6a8a04337a50ec98fe5e5d1676313.jpg

• Like 11

44 minutes ago, Gerr said:

This is the second of deep sky objects I was able to capture beginning of September and one I always found difficult to do nicely!

I utilised my 8" SW200P reflector on a HEQ5 mount coupled with a Zwo 294MC pro astro cooled camera at -10deg.

There was some high haze in the sky and the odd strong breeze which were enough to ruin half of my 4 minute subs!

But I still managed 2.3hrs of good data which I put into Siril with calibration frames.

The resultant stacked image I then processed in Photoshop CS with some tweaks done by Graxpert and StarnetGUI.

This is my best attempt so far and one I intend to keep!! Really pleased with it.

I hope you can agree? CC's welcome as usual.

The Iris Nebula (NGC 7023):

IrisNebulaSW200PWeb.thumb.jpg.0db6a8a04337a50ec98fe5e5d1676313.jpg

Very very nice.

• Thanks 1