Great viewing of the moon under the microscopes!…what?

Chaz2b

Okay, the title, well I bought a lovely pair of Zeiss microscope eyepieces which are pheeeeenominal! I also have a wonderfull pair of Vixen BT81S-A binoculars. 
I spent a bit of time yesterday fitting the second bolt to the dovetail portion of these binoculars so I can securely fit them to the single arm mount I have.

Last night I was viewing the moon using Televue 32mm plossls, lovely views, then I switched over to the Zeiss microscope lens..Wow! How fantastic are these?! 
I must of spent over a good hour viewing through them, the moon hung in front of the wispy clouds it stood out so well, solid, with a touch of CA at the opposite sides I was viewing, but that’s because I was viewing through double glazed windows! Why? I live in a first floor flat and the new downstairs occupants like to keep all their lights on! So nice.

Despite the new neighbours, I had a wonderfull viewing session, I’m not the one for naming all the craters and other features, I just look.

chaz.

IMG_8985.jpeg

IMG_8986.jpeg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...