Framing Cocoon nebula for its wake

hi all, would appreciate any tips for framing this target. i *could* possibly do a 2panel mosiac but am hoping i can get a fair bit of the trail in without that.

this is what telescopius shows me. Nina is a bit less clear. am i getting the trail/wake with this sort of framing? i think i am.... :(

cocoonframing.jpg.e96425288f2f950adff71ecf9e215d3c.jpg

3 hours ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

am i getting the trail/wake with this sort of framing? i think i am.... :(

Have you tried ramping up the brightness in the Telescopius telescope simulator page you have up?  It should help show off more of the tail (and you can play with angles and mosaic panes).  Just under the survey section if you haven't already done it.

image.png.17cad1556ba5a817ac1c782d24501aaf.png

Example:

image.png.4fe7e8d76fbd19da253a01119563182a.png

Edited by geeklee
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, geeklee said:

Have you tried ramping up the brightness in the Telescopius telescope simulator page you have up?  It should help show off more of the tail (and you can play with angles and mosaic panes).  Just under the survey section if you haven't already done it.

image.png.17cad1556ba5a817ac1c782d24501aaf.png

Example:

image.png.4fe7e8d76fbd19da253a01119563182a.png

Lol nope but now I will Ty

Also it turns out, shockingly, that Nina's framing assistant has a wide variety of choices of which catalogue it gets it's images from. :( NASA one seems good others too probably 

• Like 1