NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Anyone with a TS Photoline 80mm and TS 0.8X reducer?

I would love to hear from people with the TS 80mm photoline scope and the 0.8X reducers  TS sells. There are 2 of them: one with back focus adjustment and another fixed one. Model #s are TSREDJM63 or TSCFRED80.

Do any of these do a good job with CA  and giving round stars across an APS-C sensor? 

Thanks

I have TS80 photoline F/6 triplet, not sure if that is the scope you are referring to.

It has zero CA being a triplet so no need to correct for that. I have TSRed79 - which is x0.79 reducer - probably older model, not sure if it's being produced and sold now.

I can't find it on their website - but it was "younger brother" of this model:

https://www.teleskop-express.de/en/astrophotography-and-photography-15/imaging-correctors-for-telescopes-138/ts-optics-refractor-0-79x-3-ed-reducer-corrector-for-big-sensors-6085

(essentially 2" version of that above linked which is 3" version).

I've found that reducer is not all that good - or maybe I just had issues with spacing. I've noticed astigmatism in corners of 4/3 sensor with that reducer.

Here is example (look at corner stars in each corner):

M13-wide-v2.jpg

Here is bottom right corner really zoomed in:

image.png.e497a24a68824eb8e615e6f96745f064.png

Stars start to be elongated in direction of center of the field - with slight bar across them (astigmatism cross).

It could have been spacing - as I just eyeballed recommended 61mm of spacing and never really bothered to investigate if any other spacing improved things.

In the end - if you are asking about F/6 tripled model of TS photoline - then you probably want to invest in Riccardi x0.75 reducer for it as it is probably the best option for APS-C size.

• Like 1