NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC 7822 and part of the Cosmic Question Mark

This was a convenient target last night as I could image it throughout Nautical darkness without the need of a meridian flip. As with all unfamiliar targets and especially nebulae, I always search for them in this section to get a feel for what they should look like. To my surprise a 2022 post from myself came up which I had completely forgotten about, so having found the archived data my integration time went up from 140 mins to 290 minutes.

Captured with the RASA8/QHY268c/NBZ, Masterdark and BPM calibration only. Processed in APP, PI and Affinity photo, making a pseudo HST palette by creating a blue channel from 0.6xRed+0.4xGreen. Somehow I seem to have made the nebula rather thin and transparent to my eye, but I quite like the effect. I also have some old and new SY135 data so I'll try and combine this with the RASA data for a full FOV of the cosmic question mark.

Thanks for looking.

Image09RASA8.thumb.jpg.d3e4149b1c5587a2e94fae31519fc8a0.jpg

• Like 9