NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ASI Air Plus connectivity problem

Hi All,

I’ve got 2 ASI Air Plus units and I seem to have initial connectivity issues whereby it sometimes takes 3 or 4 times to make the initial connection using station mode., but it sometimes connects on the first try.  The connection is essentially stable for the next several hours while I’m imaging ( maybe I have to reconnect one time). Is there any way to ensure that an initial connection is established without multiple attempts?
Thanks

As suggested. probably signal strength is at the heart of the issue. As I understand it the ASIair will try to connect in station mode but if unable will generate its own wifi. Looks like it doesnt try very hard!

Do some experiments moving closer to the wifi router?

Also, maybe the wifi channel near your router is crowded. Even in my house I can see my neighbours' wifis. Your phone etc should give you an idea of other wifi signal strengths at your scope location, but not channel number. For that you could try a wifi analyser App and then move your router wifi channel to a quieter number. Use 1, 6 or 11 as they dont overlap. 

I also have a similar problem, even if the WiFi signal is OK. My advice is to set an ASIAir IP address as static (reserved) within your home router and force the connection by IP when it happens again. 

Hello all,
Thank you all so much for your suggestions. I will gather some tools ( Wi-Fi analyzer app, maybe that new antenna?)  and do a little research and report back when I get a clear night to set up the equipment again.

Cheers

• Like 1