NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cocoon Nebula

Rodd

I am about 1/2 way there by my reckoning.  Now I have to determine what data to add. More RGB, Luminance, Luminance and RGB.  Opinions welcome.  Seeing was pretty good for the R and G.  Blue was less so.  No Lum yet, but I did use a synthetic luminance.  I've always thought this target to be difficult to get right.  I think the plethora of stars and wide spread dust make having copious data necessary.

TOA 130 and ASI 1600.  About 12 hours of data.  

SLRGBa3.thumb.jpg.bae2c87c18a1a41ee7b426d04b6949d1.jpg

Edited by Rodd
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)

I reprocessed the image to better affect (neurtralized background, removed star artifacts, slightly less aggressive).  I must learn to avoid processing on zero sleep.  The image can almost stand on its own, though I still want to add significant data, including 10 sec subs for the star cores, which I have yet to collect.  The reason I decided to image this target was becuase I was never satisfiied with my first attempt, some 5 years ago.  The data was lost when my bhard drice crashed, so I was not able to tinker with it.  I included the original image .

f3.thumb.jpg.1b0194ace47b27024bf033ae629ab12e.jpg

Original image of 5 years ago.  This one was collected with the same scope butr with the old flatener and tghe STT 8300 camera

Op7BfTNu_zkk_16536x0_b9muqi8S.thumb.jpg.ee3ced540d9d2d2ba0626bbc0cfd8e65.jpg

Edited by Rodd
  • Like 3