NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SH2-54

Sh2-54 is an extended bright nebula in the constellation of Serpens.
In its core there are many protostars and many infrared sources; some of these sources, like IRAS 18151−1208, are most probably very young high-mass stars. The older star population in this region has an average age of 4-5 million years, and its components are grouped in the open cluster NGC 6604.
This is approx. 11 hours recently acquired SHO data (FSQ130 ; ASI2600mm; Trident P75) mixed with approx. 17½ Hours SHO & RGB data from 2020 (FSQ130; FLI16200; Tak EM400). I made an HSHO image and blended it with Foraxx Palette image - just to be different 🙂.

MyFinal NGC 6604 CropSign.jpg

• Like 14

Great image. (I have something to aim for now. I am part way through imaging this at the moment using a remote rig in Spain. If it looks as good as yours, I will be happy).

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Clarkey said:

I am part way through imaging this at the moment using a remote rig in Spain

Thanks Clarkey....I had intended doing more time on this but the weather forecast where I am in Cartagena persuaded me to call a halt and then go mix what I had with data I had from 4 years ago. That worked OK.....but yet may try processing it all again; it is hard to make this area "eye catching" in an image.

I, as usual, jumped straight in with an early rendition. I have reworked the data again today and feel this one much better and worth posting. Not as colourful maybe but for sure, more subtle...and to my eyes, better than my original post.

MyFinal SH2-54 - NGC 6604 300DPI Sign (25x24).jpg