NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mentor 10x microscope eyepieces repurposed.

Posted (edited)

Where I work, I sometimes come across equipment that other people may regard as junk.

A mentor split beam microscope, used for pcb, motherboard work, was brought into work and the lads in the yard knowing I like any optics, kept it to one side for me.

As it stands, it’s a very heavy bit of kit, but has two small eyepieces, I mean small in diameter.   These are 10x magnification and are very well made.

Placing one into my refractor immeadiatly showed me these are very high quality lens. Placing them up against my Televue eyepieces, plossls, delites and a nagler, they are on par with the quality and field of view.

I had to 3D print two 1.25” tube holders and now I have a Bino pair, don’t you just love free!

chaz

IMG_8064.jpeg

Edited by Chaz2b

You’re correct on the focal length, I was using my Televue 101np to view them with. The 3D printed tubes are a tad to big for my binoviewers so some work needed there.

chaz