NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC4725 & LoTr 5

Posted (edited)

While I was wondering in Astrobin looking for targets away from the looming moon, I came up with this group which seemed fascinating + it was giving me the opportunity to test the new Chroma OIII filter that I recently bought.

This has approx 30 hrs of data, through 6 sessions earlier in May. I drizzled the data (x2) as , I am currently experimenting with this drizzle and processes everything using PI and PS. I captured also 7.5 hrs of Ha but, it does not seem to be strong enough - it is almost completely absent from the image. For the actual combination I used Adam Block's Image Blend script, which is absolutely fantastic. Still though the blending of the HOO to the LRGB was not as straight forward as I would have thought.

Finally, I pushed the saturation for the LRGB so the galaxy's colours to pop out more but, I did not go to strong on the OIII which still came out too vivid for my like - I might revisit it and tone it down a bit.

OIII: 65 x 600

Ha: 45 x 600

RGB: 50 x 120

Lum: 132 x 180

PS - I am highly impressed by the Chroma 5nm OIII filter. Just from the raw frames, someone can very quickly see the difference with any other OIII filer I ever had. Exceptional!

NGC4725.thumb.png.606e3cd7ecd66dffdea59743b0b5e630.png

Edited by AstroGS
  • Like 6