Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Closeup on Copernicus (17/05/24)

Kon

A quick session between passing clouds. Copernicus with a tight crop to give a closeup view. Skywatcher 300P Flextube goto,  asi462mm, IR pass 685nm, 2.5x TV powermate.

image.png.7775752942311b5b8c4bb6c8d2bee40d.png

• Like 6

Nicely done. I was doing the same as you last night - imaging between passing clouds and through haze. Did some close ups of major craters including copernicus. Have yet to see how well I did but your image will be a good benchmark to judge by.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roy Foreman said:

Nicely done. I was doing the same as you last night - imaging between passing clouds and through haze. Did some close ups of major craters including copernicus. Have yet to see how well I did but your image will be a good benchmark to judge by.

It wasn't great last night. It is looking good for tomorrow but nearly full moon so hard to find features to image. Looking forward to what you got.

That’s an impressive photograph, much better than my recent efforts.

I’m new to photographing the moon, anything in fact. Is the photograph a single shot or created from several photographs ? Is the view that which is seen in the eyepiece or enlarged in the subsequent processing?

I enjoyed the detail of your photograph,

Regards

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mikel56 said:

That’s an impressive photograph, much better than my recent efforts.

I’m new to photographing the moon, anything in fact. Is the photograph a single shot or created from several photographs ? Is the view that which is seen in the eyepiece or enlarged in the subsequent processing?

I enjoyed the detail of your photograph,

Regards

Thanks Mike. This is from a 1.5min video at 135fps. I stacked 5% of 7000 frames. Then some sharpening in registax and Astrosurface. This is a crop from the full sensor and reduced to 75%.

I could see some of the details at the eyepiece too. The seeing wasn't great to pull more details and that's why I had to use the IR pass filter.

Edited by Kon

1 hour ago, Kon said:

It wasn't great last night. It is looking good for tomorrow but nearly full moon so hard to find features to image. Looking forward to what you got.

No you are right, last night was not good so I'm not expecting earth shattering results. My image files are so large it will take a day or two to process them all, but if I get anything half decent I will be sure to post them.

• Like 1