NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ASIStudio - ASIImg not displaying the correct list of exposures for ZWO ASI2600MC Duo

I seem to have lost the list of exposure times for the main camera in the Duo.   Selecting either the main camera or the guide camera and opening the Exposure(s) list now only shows the exposures for the guide camera.  This has a maximum of 10 seconds in the list.   The same list is shown when setting up an autorun of subs which currently means I have to select Custom and enter the required time there.

Restarting the app or restarting the PC hasn't fixed it.  Neither did uninstalling ASIStudio and re-installing it.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

Quick edit - the camera is connected via 3metre usb3 cable to a powered extender wiht a 5 metre lead to the PC so usb3 throughout.

Guide Exposures.png

Main Exposures.png

AutoRun Exposures.png

Edited by LongJohn54

13 hours ago, LongJohn54 said:

I seem to have lost the list of exposure times for the main camera in the Duo.   Selecting either the main camera or the guide camera and opening the Exposure(s) list now only shows the exposures for the guide camera.  This has a maximum of 10 seconds in the list.   The same list is shown when setting up an autorun of subs which currently means I have to select Custom and enter the required time there.

Restarting the app or restarting the PC hasn't fixed it.  Neither did uninstalling ASIStudio and re-installing it.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

Quick edit - the camera is connected via 3metre usb3 cable to a powered extender wiht a 5 metre lead to the PC so usb3 throughout.

I don't use ASIStudio in this mode so I can't help with the details but a couple of suggestions:

1. When you uninstall it's possible that ASIStudio doesn't clean up properly and leaves some configuration data lying around which it then picks up on the next install. Sometimes you have to go and manually delete this data to get a clean re-install.

2. Have you tried contacting ZWO directly? I've done this a couple of times and they've been very responsive. There are some online forums as well ( https://bbs.zwoastro.com/ )

@John_D You were quite right. 🍺(a virtual pint for you)  I found an .ini file in appdata/local which I deleted.  When I fired up ASIImg it recreated the .ini file correctly.

As a retired programmer you'd think I could remember daft things like this.

Image of old .ini file and the fixed exposures list.

Old ini.png

Main Exposures Fixed.png

• Like 1