Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Heavy duty leveling feet

Hiya guys

I've made some leveling feet for my skywatcher 350p FlexTube 

There 22mm threaded bar

With extended nuts welded to 6mm angled steel that extends 15cm under tge turntable 

so it's proper solid

And what a difference they've made 

My duel leveling bubble helps loads

And takes minutes to setup

See enclosed photos 

I'm going to add some 10cm 3mm steel feet to go with them

Just thought I'd show other people 

For some input 

20240420_201327.jpg

20240420_201301.jpg

20240420_201313.jpg

• Like 1

Good idea @Stephen196360… but here’s my thought. Would it better to add some ‘pads’ to the threaded bar for when you are on a lawn/grass surface? (similar to what are found on office chairs or mobile cranes and trucks with Hiab or Palfinger cranes have fitted), as it will prevent your OTA sinking in to soft ground. I place the plastic lid from a used Jaffa Cake tube or custard powder tin under each leg when I use my camera/video tripod or monopod when doing photography on a soft surface for that reason.

And another thought… I don’t know whether you observe/view from a tarmac/concrete area, but it generally is not a good idea, as it will release the stored heat and may cause thermal issues at the e/p. Not only that, it will prevent your eyepieces or other accessories getting damaged if they fall out of the eyepiece port when they hit the ground.

Please accept my apologies in advance if you knew the above suggestions already. :thumbsup: