Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Reusing the Twilight mount tripod with 3/8 adapter

Bivanus

Low level DIY since it's just screws but I know I looked for quite a while until I found an adapter that fits so maybe other are looking too since the Twilight I was quite common and the tripod itself was not that bad.

The adapter I've found its under Artesky logo , however it seems something similar is on AliExpress - big surprize , I know. There are most certainly other adapters that might fit in the socket hole , however theis one has the M10 thread and the depth required to use directly the original TWI threaded bar. Have been using his bigger brother to adapt my EQ6 tripod (that one has an M12 thread at the bottom), however , the new combo is some 3 kg lighter and just a tad smaller in width of the open legs to allow me to move it through the door mounted. The whole shebang you see in the pic just gets grabed and away we go.

Also , because I'm currently playing with a binoviewer , I wanted a higher column. Not finding one I've just screwed two Star Adventure extenders toghether - works like a charm and not a bit of wobble.

EDIT: also the link Adattatore da treppiede EQ5 a 3/8 Artesky

tripod adapter EQ5.jpg

Twilight Tripod & SW column (2).jpg

Twilight Tripod & SW column (1).jpg

Edited by Bivanus
link added