NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Canon 1100D and Indi/Ekos

Hey knowledgeable people. After years of using Astroberry I decided to install Ubuntu server with a very light desktop on my RPI. It all works very quick and I’ve installed Indi Ekos and Kstars, again all working perfectly in simulator mode. When I connect my Eqmod it works, my Astroberry focuser works, but my Canon 1100D crashes on driver load, even if I change the driver to GPhoto. It works perfectly in Astroberry, so has something changed or do I need to do something differently to get it working?

Any help appreciated otherwise it’ll be back to Astroberry 😞

Daz

14 minutes ago, Dazzyt66 said:

Hey knowledgeable people. After years of using Astroberry I decided to install Ubuntu server with a very light desktop on my RPI. It all works very quick and I’ve installed Indi Ekos and Kstars, again all working perfectly in simulator mode. When I connect my Eqmod it works, my Astroberry focuser works, but my Canon 1100D crashes on driver load, even if I change the driver to GPhoto. It works perfectly in Astroberry, so has something changed or do I need to do something differently to get it working?

Any help appreciated otherwise it’ll be back to Astroberry 😞

Daz

I think I know the answer to this after some further Google work…. Unmount the camera usb drive…

59 minutes ago, Dazzyt66 said:

think I know the answer to this after some further Google work…. Unmount the camera usb drive…

...anfd some of these Canon DSLR's don't play well unless you remove the SD (or CF) card. And they don't play well if the power supply don't provide enough current. Regardless if you have a 220v/12V/USB supply, the battery indicator on the camera should show full.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rallemikken said:

...anfd some of these Canon DSLR's don't play well unless you remove the SD (or CF) card. And they don't play well if the power supply don't provide enough current. Regardless if you have a 220v/12V/USB supply, the battery indicator on the camera should show full.

I’m ok with all of that as it has worked flawlessly under AB, so I’m convinced the unmount/no card will sort it. I don’t think the 1100d will work without a card though.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Dazzyt66 said:

I’m ok with all of that as it has worked flawlessly under AB, so I’m convinced the unmount/no card will sort it. I don’t think the 1100d will work without a card though.

So... cannot get the 1100D to work under new install. The drivers crash immediately (both Canon DSLR and GPhoto). They are definitely seeing the camera and I have tried with and without SD and definitely is unmounted. I used my Astroberry SD and it all works fine, even without an SD card (which I never knew!!). Am totally at a loss why it should be failing under the latest Ekos/Indi/KStars... 🤔

Edited by Dazzyt66