Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Redcat51 Test on Horsehead and Flame

Gerr

Been interested in the Redcat51 for a while and I bagged one second hand for a great price and had opportunity to test it last night.

Conditions weren't great - some haze in the upper atmosphere and dew forming on everything but also a big 80% illuminated gibbous Moon next to my target!

It was a test - so hey ho, I had a go!!! 

I coupled the Redcat51 with my Canon6D and inserted a 2" Optolong L-eNhance filter (to try and counter the Moonlight) in the imaging train of the Redcat. I mounted this on my Star Adventurer 2i and balanced it nicely with the help of the counter-weight.

I took aim at Orions Belt (Alnitak region) and shot off 45 images of 90second duration, ISO1600 with Redcat giving a focal length of 250mm at f/4.9.

The polar alignment and tracking were pretty good for this small mount and only 7 frames had to be excluded from the stacking process in Siril.

Bias, Darks and Flats were also incorporated into the stacking process.

The image was then processed in Photoshop CS with Starnet GUI and Topaz denoise helping out.

I think I'll be using this set-up again!!!

CC's welcome.

The Result:

HorseheadandFlameRedcat51LenhancebiggibbousMoon.thumb.jpg.0269c564e4bb5ae27858c0130c6d76a6.jpg

• Like 10