Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M77 in Cetus

This is one of those images that I will have to try and finish next year now. As a constellation, it is now well and truely out of sight for me in this season now.

Captured in some of my sessions prior to Orion becoming visible for my recent image of M78, M77 presented an opportunity on some of of those sessions but was generally obscured by cloud or trees. And constant bad weather.

I was nearly not going to post this, but I did manage to get something for 5 hours of data.

Although I've titled it M77, I framed this galaxy off to the bottom corner and chose to frame NGC 1055 centrally. NGC1073 off to the bottom left is an interesting looking barred spiral which could certainly use some additional exposure time. The extra exposure would also help to bring out the ring around M77, which is surprisingly bright but I'm unable to bring it out of the noise.

NGC1032 even shows a dustlane, which I'm quite surprised I've picked up for it's small size at this focal length. All in all, I'm fairly happy with the result; just hampered by the lack of total time.

Canon 800Da + Starfield 102. 113x120s + 55x90s (05:08:30). Stacked and processed in Siril, with Topaz Denoise.

144a-10-03-24-M77andGalaxiesinCetus.thumb.jpg.2e881b1d3128fe4684e82c1f74e17963.jpg

image.png.f81f859def2084d19bc865b79d663bad.png

• Like 4