NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My first ever EAA attempt - M42

Hello everyone

The second of March was the only clear night I've had in nearly 3 weeks.😧 I had a go at some rudimentary EAA for the first time with my manual 10" Dob and canon EOS 450D.

295 1/3 second exposures, stacked with the new Siril livestacking function and background extraction applied. No darks, flats, or biases. I would have done more exposures but the core was already becoming saturated.

M4202-03-24.thumb.png.c49afa51d5040f116b19779ccf9156cd.png

Edited by Astronomist
  • Like 7

17 hours ago, PeterC65 said:

Have you tried using SharpCap?

I didn't realise SharpCap could be used with a DSLR - apparently it can but needs an ASCOM driver. I would try this, but I should have an Altair Hypercam 585c arriving in the next couple of weeks so there's no point wrestling with drivers for the DSLR.

1 hour ago, Martin Meredith said:

I'm just wondering if your debayer settings were correct, as that might explain the green-blue cast?

The debayering is all done automatically, so probably is all wrong, and as far as I can tell you can't adjust the colour balance of the live stack manually.