NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

synscan app windows dll issue

hi there. struggling to google any answers for this.

i've installed ascom, synscan ascom drivers and the synscan app but when i launch the app i get a series of errors starting with VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found.

i've tried reinstalling

i've checked .net frame work is ticket in control panel

i've downloaded .net 3.5 and ran it - it seems to do nothing after asking for my pw

anyone suggest anything i can search for?

That's a file from Microsoft's Visual C runtime library. You can download them from here.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170

You'll need the X64 versions if you have Windows 64 bit or X86 for Windows 32 bit. The first link for 2015 to 2022 should be what you need, with older versions further down.

Alan

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, symmetal said:

That's a file from Microsoft's Visual C runtime library. You can download them from here.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170

You'll need the X64 versions if you have Windows 64 bit or X86 for Windows 32 bit. The first link for 2015 to 2022 should be what you need, with older versions further down.

Alan

yeah i already installed that. i used another installer from somewhere and fingers crossed its working :) ty for this. 

also, because im not a lazy geek i decided to install all this imaging stuff on bootcamp on an old mac and not activate it. For the lulz.

well my 600d connects to nina (thought it doesn't autopopular the sensor size x/y but everything else). 

my sw gti connects to nina and i've parked it.

just need clear skies so  i can plug it all back together outside and it will work 100% first time ;) 

Edited by TiffsAndAstro
  • Like 1

Hiya 

I saw your post

You need to download the windows 

Runtime dll file 

There probably old school 

They might even be the same ones

Used on windows 98se/xp

Usually found on graphics card software 

Like the old voodoo/Nvidia cards

Hope this helps