NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Leo Triplet- Should I just throw this data away?

I recently got first light with a Tak TSA120 with flattener on the Leo Triplet. The first night wasn't the best, initial teething problems with the set up, poor guiding and poor seeing. The second night was better. In the end I stacked ~3hrs data from each night. It wasn't until WBPP spat out two master lights that I realised I had shot 300s sub-exposures the first night and 180s the second. I had a quick look at each stack and it was apparent that there was a huge difference in resolution between the datasets. I'm wondering if there is any value in the data from the first night at all? Could I integrate it to get a little more deeper and higher SNR without losing the detail from the good night? Here's a crop on M66 that shows the difference between the two. I am at the moment trying to work out how to integrate data with two different sub-exposure lengths but in the meantime if anyone could comment it would be appreciated!

Both data sets have had AutoSTF-->GraxPert-->SPCC-->BlurXT-->NoiseXT

s180.jpg.b607e969947f71693b57827a2882700b.jpgs300.jpg.6a10d64cf9a3b50a21ec4e6ec01fb83a.jpg

Edited by Icesheet
  • Like 1

Managed to integrate the differing exposures. Here is the result. It doesn't look like it's added much but hasn't affected the resolution either it seems.

combined.jpg.8a07a26d2a2144b90b5aafc91adf6cba.jpg