NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Heq5 Pro help needed

Hi all, does anybody know if you can select your own stars for alignment purposes with the synscan hand set? or do i have to use the ones in the list it gives you for alignment?

Problem being i was trying to align last night but i cant see the suggested stars from my location. Well i could see a few but would be great if i can choose stars that i can see clearly and more importantly stars that i know are the correct stars i am selecting.

Cheers guys

Daz:headbang:

Not sure if you are aware already but you can step through a list of stars to choose by using the bottom two arrow keys. You dont have to use the ones it picks.

You could also connect a PC to the handset and use a program called EQMOD which can do a 'N' Star alignment of any star you choose from a Ascom compliant planetarium program.

EQMOD

Regards

Kevin

Regards

Kevin

Ah , EQMOD sounds interesting.

Yes i have flicked through the list of stars with the arrow keys but it only lists a certain amount of major bright stars and i cant see to many of them from my loc.if i could choose a few my self from constilations that i can can see clearly then it would be a whole lot easier. Do you know if Ths Sky 6 does a similar thjing to eqmod as this is what iam using at the moment.

Daz:)

Archived